Goals and Objectives
The goal of PollinatorLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure is to meet national science education standards and promote conservation action through education and awareness. The objectives are as follows:
- Increase understanding of pollinators and their importance.
- Understand the partnership between plants and pollinators.
- Understand the characteristics of pollinators that make them uniquely suited to the task of pollination.
- Encourage schools and classrooms to take action to help pollinators by developing pollinator gardens and schoolyard habitats.
- Increase participation in and understanding of citizen science programs related to plants and their pollination.
- Learn the importance of being a good steward.
- Understand the role of citizens, public land management agencies, and non-governmental organizations in protecting and conserving habitat.